[AMPS] Experience with K2AW rectifiers anyone?

Ron Hooper ab4ru@stc.net
Thu, 29 May 1997 00:34:11 +0100

km1h@juno.com wrote:

> On a related subject, what are the feelings about paralleling diodes for
> increased current capacity?  Any caveats? Configuration considerations?
>
> 73....Carl   KM1H

HA, HA throw the equalizing resistors to those baby's and let them fly.
I didnt think my comment about using equalizing resistors would have
ever got this much attention. I have not built up a string in several
years now but still repair them on occasion. I guess the last time was
on a Titan Amp supply. I think using a string is a cheaper way out, if
you dont mind building it all up and repairing it occasionally. I kinda
still like using the caps across the diodes to cut down on the RFI. I
bet you can find some 866's and even build it cheaper, since no one uses
that stuff any more. I really didnt know I was running Microwave Oven
diode blocks in my amp. Can someone verify that the K2AW blocks were
made for Microve ovens? If so why dont they build up the strings of
diodes and save the money if its the way to go. I must admitt I never
seen nothing but blocks used in the ovens. WHy??
Ron W4WA