[AMPS] Nichrome or Globar

km1h @ juno.com km1h@juno.com
Mon, 10 Nov 1997 19:26:58 EST

John and others....

I have mentioned the use of alternative suppresor materials on this
reflector for almost a year. The "experts" refuse to even acknowledge
them. That includes Rich.

I will continue anyway even tho some appear brain dead or hung up in
their own world for whatever reason.

Back in 1963 or so, while I was at National Radio, we had a major problem
trying to tame parasitics in a 5KW military tetrode amp.

The engineers...I was just a tech... finally wound up using a suppressor
coil made from a material similar to the Mu-Metal used in CRT shields.
Fast foreward to 1997.... I use that material in my own suppressors and
find it the best ever material to tame even 572B's on 6M.

I have offered the "experts" the info...no strings attached...but you
know what?  Not one has asked for the info......I wonder why ??  Ego
problems IMO...also known as " not invented here".

73   Carl    KM1H