[AMPS] Best HF Amplifier Today??

Rich Measures measures@vc.net
Tue, 11 Nov 97 08:34:28 -0800

>> From:          Rich Measures <measures@vc.net>
>
>> >as well as what else might be
>> >considered best in class.
>> >
>> There's an article about the subject in the January, 1994 issue of *QST*.
>> Rich---
>
>There's also a related technical correspondence pointing out the many
>errors in the article Rich mentions published in the September 1994
>QST on page 71, and a subsequent statement in a later QST where Mark
>Wilson apologizes for QST not having reviewed the "Nearly
>Perfect Amplifier" for technical content before publication.
On page 71, Mr. Rauch essentially declared himself (Ameritron) to be one
of our amplifier "experts".  Curiously,1200 words of QST space are
devoted to arguing in favor of rectifier "equalization" - even though the
ARRL Handbook states that "equalization" can lead to premature rectifier
failure.

>Don't forget to read all three.

And there's  a bit more at:
http://www.vcnet.com/measures
See 'League Fatigue' at the bottom of the page.

Rich---

R. L. Measures, 805-386-3734, AG6K