[AMPS] Alpha 87A Owners! - I want to hear from you!!

NOLL AMIDZICH NOLLAMIDZICH@classic.msn.com
Mon, 17 Nov 97 03:38:29 UT

Herb,

I saw ur 2nd msg regarding the 87a and also read Sandy Meltzer's comments. I
agree 100% with Sandy. In my earlier message I mentioned a few of the
component failures I've had with Alpha products over the last 14 years.
Nothing is perfect, but I would consider Alpha products and support to be
exceptional. The 8877 and vacuum T/R relay that went "west"on my 77dx
approximately 33 months from date of purchase was replaced at "no charge".I
didn't have to "haggle" with ETO about any "pro rated" credit amounts. ETO
could have said the tube wasn't there problem and go away, but they didn't. I
was even reimbursed for my shipping costs of sending the tube back to ETO!
They stood 100% behind the product that they sold.
So when it came time to get the next generation amp, the choice was very easy
for me. I consider myself very serious about the hobby, and I want the best. I
also want to know that I'm going to get customer support down the road when I
need it. As mentioned previously, I've had 1 incident of component failure on
the 87a in 2 years (high voltage decoupling caps). This was replaced quickly
and naturally at no charge.
Nothing, (and nobody) lasts forever. Whichever product you ultimately decide
on, caefully evaluate the company's reputation for after purchase support
because as the amateur gear gets more complex, and the average ham's ability
to repair the equipment diminishes, the more important this support will be.
GL Noll W9RN

.com on behalf of Herb Rosenberg