[AMPS] Re: series filaments

w8jitom@postoffice.worldnet.att.net w8jitom@postoffice.worldnet.att.net
Thu, 20 Nov 1997 07:17:51 +0000

> From:          Peter Chadwick <Peter.Chadwick@gpsemi.com>

> It affects the current, but unless you're pulling so much current that
> you're stripping out the space charge, does it affect emission?

OK, let me re-word that.

It affects the anode and grid current sourced by the filament, by
changing the BIAS voltage from each area of the filament.

IMO, it's a poor idea to have one end of a directly heated filament
string at -5 volts below the reference bias, while the other end is
at +5 volts, and reverse that bias with the power line with a tube
that requires nearly zero bias.

When ALL of these little things are added together with the
improper transformer ratings, I'd change the whole system.
73, Tom W8JI