[AMPS] Amp Supply LK500ZA cooling? mods?

km1h @ juno.com km1h@juno.com
Mon, 06 Oct 1997 20:04:58 EDT

On Mon, 6 Oct 1997 16:25:49 -0500 "Harper, David"
<DavidHarper@tx.slr.com> writes:
>Greetings.
>I searched the archives (by Subject field) and didn't find anything
>about the Amp Supply LK500ZA.  I purchased this amp Saturday from a
>dealer at a swapfest for $600.  The main reason I got it was to have
>something for 160M, which my L4 doesn't cover. It is putting out about
>1100 watts on CW, which is fine with me.  However, it sure does seem
>me to be running hot.

Get in touch with Bill Edwards at Omega Electronics 919-266-7373. He was
the Svc Mgr at Amp Supply and has the cooling improvement kit for that
early model LK-500. Ask Billy what other mods he has.

With a bit of work it is a decent amp. I still use the LK-500ZC.

73   Carl   KM1H