No subject

james fisher k4gf@worldnet.att.net
Thu, 09 Oct 97 19:28:44 PDT

Oct, 1997, from K4GF:  My winter project this year will be to
up-date and rebuild an old amp using a pair of 811-A tubes.  Of
several ways to limit the available 100 watts of drive I would
like to simply install an attenuator of 3 to 4 db in the input.

Hamcalc will tell me the values of resistance, but I am concerned
about the dissipation and any special features of the resistors.

I am guessing now, but the peak dissipation would be some 60
watts or so and the average one-fifth of that.  Anyone who can
help would save me lots of R & D time.  Thanks...Jim Fisher