[AMPS] The Emtron DX2 amp: A 50ohm 50 Watt resistor in B+?

Chris Victor cvictor@hooked.net
Thu, 16 Oct 1997 22:00:14 -0700

I question the resoning on a high value such as the 50ohm 50 Watt
resistor in their amp. Seems a little off to me.

Comments?

Chris WA6SUY

TUBE PROTECTION
                 The EMTRON DX-2 has a very sophisticated tube
protection circuitry, designed to protect against excessive plate
current, screen grid current, screen grid voltage, bias voltage,
overdrive, SWR, etc. The tube is also protected from excessive
temperature by continuously monitoring the airflow temperature. In case
of any fault, the amplifier is automatically cut off.

A 50 ohm, 50 watt resistor in the B+ circuit further protects the tube
and the power supply from a possible internal arc of the tube.