[AMPS] Heath SB-230

Skip S Isaham nospam4me@juno.com
Mon, 01 Sep 1997 12:30:32 EDT

Hello Carl and crew,

First let me mention, I sent John an offer of photo copies of the Heath
HL-2200 manual that I have. It's pretty much the same animal as the
SB-220/221.

So now I see a lot of big bang warnings about the SB-230 posted. Since I
have a virgin factory built unit that I've been using only on 40 meters
with no problems, I'd like to know what the story is with the amps'
problems. I'll have a look at some of the web pages to see any additional
info also.

I'd hate to dial this thing up on another band and  watch it go up in
smoke... Other than a very noisy T/R relay, it's been a really nice unit.

I have the original tube in operation and a spare that has the "better"
anode material vs some of the newer productions where the mfgr has used a
"cheaper material".

Maybe someone could shed some light on the anode material difference?

OK for now...
73's
Skip    wv6f
nospam4me@juno.com