[AMPS] Non Inductive Resistors

Walter Dail dail@CEBAF.GOV
Fri, 05 Sep 1997 14:22:59 -0400

>There is no such thing as a non-inductive resistor.  The resistors we use
>in the suppressor retrofit kits (100 ohm, 3w Matsushita, MOF-type) have
>about 10nH - according to Wes, N7WS.  The longer the resistor, the more
>L.  A 100 ohm 100w globar-type has roughly 100nH [0.1uH].  At 28MHz, this
>amounts to only 17 ohms of X.  However, 1.6uH [1600nH] would be a bit
>much L, methinks.
>
>R. L. Measures, 805-386-3734, AG6K

Rich,
  I believe this is really getting too picky on the resistor subject.
Of course all discrete components with any wire lead length will have
some inductance. Anyone would know that. However, I think the guy is
trying to convey that they are not of the "wire wound variety" which
have a lot of inductance compared to carbon types...

Later,
Walter Dail - KT4JA