[AMPS] L-4B grid ckt shorts

Jim Henderson jhenders@zianet.com
Sat, 20 Sep 1997 16:51:34 +0000

Oh Powerful Reflectees:

        Ok I am now stymied. I replaced the 1-ohm 10w resistor and the
multimeter that blew. Put new tubes in it, and it came right up working
fine. Could not determine for sure if one of the 3-500Zs had a fil-to-grid
short or not.

        But after 20 hours or so, again in standby mode, the same
fizzle-bang and blown meter. This time also popped one of the 2 240v ckt
breakers in the ps.
And again I cannot be sure of the failure mode. I think it is odd that this
has suddenly happened twice, with 2 sets of tubes, and I wonder if anyone
has experienced this on their L-4B and might have found the cure.

73 de Jim, KF7E

Jim Henderson

jhenders@zianet.com
jhenders@tdrss.wsc.nasa.gov