[AMPS] More SB-220 amusement(!)

Rich Measures measures@vc.net
Mon, 22 Sep 97 03:58:12 -0800

>Rich Measures wrote:
>>
>> >At 09:58 AM 9/18/97 -0800, you wrote:
>>
>> NOTE -- Although the e-mail input from Mr. Smith was not posted to the
>> [AMPS] group, I'm guessing that other amplifier owners might like to be
>> included in the ongoing analysis and repair process.  Thus, I am posting
>> this reply to the group.

>> Which, if any, resistor(s) on the metering circuit board have changed R?
>> The 1.0 and 0.82 ohm units are of special interest.
>
>I'll have to check when I get home, but I believe it was probably the
>1.0 ohm (I think, from memory) in the plate metering circuit.  does this
>change your diagnosis?

Yes.  If the resistance of the 0.82 ohm grid current meter shunt resistor
is within specifications, but the anode/plate current meter shunt
resistor is kaput, something else may have happened.  The next thing I
would do is measure the grid/filament C and the grid/filament breakdown
V.
....... ......
>> The gradual element is a bit of a puzzler.
>
>Yeah, to me too.  If it had been only the plate current reading, I would
>have said it was just the shunt failing, but the RF output was also
>declining, so I gotta look further.
I would be inclined to test the accuracy of the 2, current metering
circuits.
>Thanks for your help.
You are welcome, Pete.
cheers