[AMPS] AM-912A/TRC Amp Mods

Walter Dail dail@CEBAF.GOV
Fri, 26 Sep 1997 08:55:54 -0400

Hello all,
  I have an AM-912A/TRC amplifier I had picked up from Fair Radio
some years back. Anyway, for those of you not familiar with it, it
has two sets of tuned, adjustable cavities with a single 4X150 or (in my case)
a 4CX250B. There were several amps in this series made for different
VHF-UHF bands up to ~800Mhz. This one is designed for 100-225 Mhz(B-Band).
It works pretty well for the design frequency range. Rated at ~100 watts out
at 750-850VDC on the plate.
  I put the cavities on a HP network analyzer and am able to obtain
resonance points at 432 Mhz easily. The grid input is close to being
run all the way down but seems to be working OK. Has anyone else
tried using this amp at 432? I should be ready to fire it up for the
first test (on 432) soon but was wondering if any of you out there
have already "been there, done that". I'll be a happy camper if I
can get this thing to work 100-440 Mhz on the ham bands! So far so good...

Comments please,
Walter-KT4JA