[AMPS] SB-220

Morel Grunberg morel.grunberg@telrad.co.il
Tue, 30 Sep 1997 08:50:39 +0200

Rod,

My previous SB-200 was able to put a 760W PEP on 80m and
470W PEP on 10m on a dummy load, with new 572B tubes. For
a longer life I suggest you to work at 4-500W CW, 300W RTTY
and max. 600W PEP SSB. Check also the HV, not only the power
output, because the filter capacitors are likely to be very old. A short
test of plate current with no signal, input SWR and two small fans, will
complete the image. Anyway, this amp is obsolete, the tubes are of
1950's generations so, only a very, very low price should determine
you to buy it.

Anyway if you'll decide to buy it, you have to know that Harbach
Electronics Co. is still selling replacement parts and different kits
for
SB-200.

73 de Morel, 4X1AD