[AMPS] YC156/3CPX5000A7 and 3CX15000B7 data.

Kenneth D. Grimm grimm@lynchburg.net
Thu, 09 Apr 1998 06:58:15 -0400

Dave very kindly sent me copies of the three zipped files.  Since he is
having difficulties with his ftp gods, I have plaaced these files on the
Boatanchor Manuals Archive ftp server.  While in the minds of some of
you solid state purists, these Eimac bottles would definitely qualify as
"Boatanchors," they don't really seem to fit the purpose of the archive.
They won't become a permanent part of the collection, but will be
available until Dave successfully presents acceptable offerings to the
ftp gods of ulc.ac.uk. or has made other arrangements.  In other words,
they are available.

Use any good ftp program to get to the site which is listed in my
signature lines.  The fact that access is not given to the root
directory may cause some ftp programs to barf.  If you get connected but
don't see anything listed, check to see if your program thinks you are
in the root directory.  If so, give a change directory command to the
pub directory and all will be revealed.

If you only have a web browser you can still get access by entering the
address in the location box just as it is given below.

While you are visiting the archive, please feel free to leave any
boatanchor manual scans that you have in the uploads directory.  I have
had multiple requests for Hallicrafters S-40A, Drake T4XB, Eico 147A
signal tracer manuals for which I have no source.  So if you've got 'em,
please scan 'em and upload 'em.  Also, if you would like me to search
for a particular boatanchor manual, send me a note.

73,
Ken

Dave Kirkby wrote:

> Sorry, I said I would put data on the tubes on the ftp site here at the
> university where I work. Unfortunately, something has gone wrong with
> the permissions, or similar on the ftp directory, blocking anyone from
> getting at the files. Its not something I can sort out, not knowing the
> root password. Its a holiday here, so it wont be sorted until probably
> Wednesday at the earliest.
>
> If anyone wants the scanned data sheets,  let me know today and I'll
> attach to an email.
>
> G8WRB.
>
> --

Ken K4XL
grimm@lynchburg.net
Boatanchor Manual Archive - ftp://198.28.36.115/pub