[AMPS] parasitics

Steve Thompson amps@txrx.demon.co.uk
Tue, 21 Apr 1998 21:18:27 +0100

In message <19980421063130.AAD25156@[205.231.11.91]>, Rich Measures
<measures@vc.net> writes
>At VHF, with a conventional Pi-output, there is No VHF load on the
>amplifier, even if a 50 ohm VHF-rated termination is connected to the
>output.

Presumably the usual resistive suppressor in series with the anode only
works to dampen the vhf resonance when the other end of the suppressor
has reasonably low Z path to ground.

Is there a case for adding a shunt suppressor load to cope with when
there is a high Z anode load at vhf - a state where the voltage gain
will be highest? Mental arithmetic makes me think it would have to be a
C/L/C high pass filter so as not to cook things on 10m.

Steve