[AMPS] parasitics

Jon Ogden jono@webspun.com
Tue, 21 Apr 98 22:40:23 -0500

>If you continue to live in a parasitic world you will never accept
>reality Rich. I dont intend to waste my time in an argument with someone
>who can not show proof to support a theory nor accept the possibility of
>another idea.
>Bent filaments or anything else means absolutely squat unless a "real"
>engineering study  can confirm your "theory". So far I find no support
>for it outside of a few that can offer no proof either. Myself , I dont
>believe it at all.

Quite the contrary, Carl.  You, yourself have answered some questions of
mine that begin to confirm some of Rich's theories.  I will reply to
those messages when I have some more time.

I'll summarize the facts:

1.) There IS VHF resonance in the anode circuit of a tube amplifier.
2.) Since virtually every amplifier has parasitic suppressors in them,
then there is a reason for it.
3.) Current changes in the anode caused damped VHF sine waves in the
anode resonant circuit (this is what you confirmed, Carl - specific reply
later).
4.) Given the right circuit Q and characteristics, a VHF transient due to
the current changes might not be a damped sine wave but could be
underdamped and cause oscillations.

Instead of just saying Rich isn't right, please give some scientific
proof as to why he isn't right.  The only one I hear espousing theories
here is Rich.  If he is so wrong, give me a theory that you feel is
correct.  Then I can analyze that.

I have not fully thought through everything that Rich is saying yet, but
for the life of me, I can't find a hole in his theories yet.  I've been
over and over it many times.

73,

Jon
KE9NA