[AMPS] qro 2500dx

Gary Atkins GAtkins@vines.ColoState.EDU
Thu, 23 Apr 98 13:35:44 -0600

I own a QRO HF2500dx....and am a big fan of same.

1. Customer service.  Never needed it, and hope I dont.  However I have
visited the facility in Brian Oh.
	nice place, very well equipped.

2. Accuracy of the Manual?   I haven't found any discrepancies but I
haven't used it much either.

3.  Quality of Construction?  Superb

4.  Over all design?  I'm not sure what you're asking here however I made
my decision based on the following design points.
	a. Robust power supply
	b. Grid driven tetrodes,  hence low drive requirements with a
reasonably priced tube.  I felt a more 			robust  design than a
hi-mu GG triode system.
	c. real meters; a personal preference over an LED display.
5.  Tune up?  Very fast, qsy in seconds, once you find the proper tune and
drive values for your system.
	Still takes more time to set up my home-brew ATU than the amp.
6.  On air reports?  Nothing but complementary

Gary
W0CGR