[AMPS] Henry 3K-A info??

Radiodan W7RF RFpower@radiodan.com
Sun, 2 Aug 1998 11:54:01 -0700

Hi Steve,
It's no coincidence that these fine amplifiers are still in service.

The proof is in performance, year after year after year........

The 1000 MP should drive it in a similar way to the venerable old 101ZD,
although the 101ZD may put out up to 130 watts and the 1000MP is a 100 watt
output radio.
The power out of the 3KA you mention seems a bit low and may be because of
weak tubes.That model had a very strong power supply for the pair of 3-500's
and was capable of 1500-2000 watts keydown CW, depending on drive.
The 3-500 tube is still an economical choice in amateur service as many of
the choices amplifier manufacturers made with tubes were back when a
particular tube was cheap to use and now it's sky high.
Fortunately, it is still available from a few sources cheap.

HENRY supports every amplifier ever built by them with many 2K models still
in service from the early 60's!

Contact me directly and I can help you with anything you need.
See http://radiodan.com/rfpower.htm  for Amplifier info
See http://radiodan.com/Henry/misc/tubes.htm  for popular tubes.

73, Dan Magro
Radiodan W7RF, Portable Clinic
High quality Henry Radio RF Power Amplifiers for LESS!
New, used, unusual, classic radios, accys & RF POWER!
http://www.radiodan.com    RFpower@radiodan.com
A trip to our web site is worth the click!