[AMPS] 3-500Z date codes

Monty Taylor Monty Taylor" <montytaylor@texoma.net
Mon, 3 Aug 1998 16:42:34 -0500

I have two Eimac 3-500Z's.  The plate looks like a stack of donuts, for lack
of a better description, with the numbers 9y-1117 and 9y1356 etched inside
the tube at the base, which looks like an inverted metal dish, and on the
outside of the tubes is printed, "Eimac 3-500Z, made in USA" and has the
number "6948" printed on both of them.  Can anyone tell me what the date
codes for these tubes are?  Does the date code indicate when the tubes were
manufactured or is it a shelf life code?  I have these tubes in an old
Raytrack DX2000L that I picked up and, of course, do not know if they are
the original tubes.  The Raytrack was made in the early 60's and resembles a
Drake L4B.  I had amps back in the late 70's, but the 3-500Z plates looked
like an accordion fold wrapped into a cylinder, again for lack of a better
description, not the stacked donut style.  I would appreciate any info
anyone can give me.

Regards,

Monty/WB5GLB
montytaylor@texoma.net