[AMPS] power vs. QRM

Jon Ogden jono@enteract.com
Mon, 3 Aug 98 21:45:50 -0500

>>NOTHING generates more QRM than CONTESTS!...

>You  mean when THOUSANDS of amateurs exercise their
>right to activate their radios for THEIR enjoyment and pleasure?

I agree!  It's amazing how some people just cannot handle another's
favorite mode of operation.  I initially bit my lip on this one, but
since someone else responded I will too.  It seems there are people who
think that any on air activity other than their own is QRM.  How sad.

Contestors get along fine for the most part with rag chewers, but rag
chewers simply cannot tolerate contestors.  Being one who likes both, I
see value in both, but come on, let's not call legitimate operating
"QRM."  Besides, if someone is "QRMing" you then ask them to QSY and if
that doesn't work, QSY yourself.

We all have strong opinions, but let's get along!

73,

Jon
KE9NA

Jon Ogden