[AMPS] open pin on 3-500Z

Rich Measures measures@vc.net
Fri, 7 Aug 98 19:48:26 -0800

>Well, I'll be jiggered. The one 3-500 that I thought was bad is actually
>good. THe only problem is that the solder holding the pin onto the internal
>grid lead (pin 2) is bum.  I don't know if it got hot enough to recede or
>maybe the tube always had this problem.
>
>1) Should I try to run solder down and "remake" the connection.

yes.   The end of the pin is hollow, which is where the old solder should
be removed and the new solder added.  Heat the pin.  Remove all the old
solder.  Let cool.  Add liquid rosin flux.  Let dry.  Use a large
soldering iron.  95 Tin/5% silver solder [430 deg. F]  works well.  Do
not tarry.
-  later, Matt

Rich...