[AMPS] 4-1000A

Bob Sutton bob.sutton@xtra.co.nz
Tue, 11 Aug 1998 12:50:56 +1200

I see in the Eimac Technical Data for the 4-1000A that this tube is rated
for DC plate voltage of 5.5kV (below 30MHz) in plate modulated AM service
with a Plate Output Power of 2630W.

>From my scratchy recollection of what I was taught in my radio technician
training (when AM was still used in commercial two-way radios made with
tubes, not with 4-1000A's, but you know what I mean!) ...

the peak voltage on the tube will be around 11kV when 100% AM modulated??

and the peak AM waveform output (p.e.p) will be in the order of 10.5kW??

To quote one of our politicians ... "I've been thinking" ... but, like the
politician, maybe I haven't got this right, and I'm away with the fairies
too!!

73 ... Bob, ZL1RS