[AMPS] Re: Alpha PA-70V

Rich Measures measures@vc.net
Wed, 12 Aug 98 23:11:58 -0800

>Update:
>
>Econco in Woodland, CA ( http://www.econco.com/ ) will rebuild this tube for
>$590.00, but they warned me that their "yield" rate on this tube is only
>50%.  Apparently, only half of these tubes sent in are worthy of the rebuild
>process.  Have any idea why?  I was only able to speak to their
>sales/marketing rep.

€  not worthy makes little sense.  The inside of one is like a 3cx1000A7, for which they can replace the grid and filament if need be.  If you send a dud in to Econco for a rebuild, and they tell you it is scrap, make sure you get the same serial number 3cv1500 back  Next step is to try Freeland Products.  (Econco scammed me on a 4cx3000a I sent in testing.)  //   A friend sent an 8171 to Econco for evaluation.  They said it had low emission and needed to be rebuilt.  He was skeptical because he knew something about the history of the tube.  A few months later he sent it in with a batch of other tubes.  This time the emission was said to be normal.
-  later, Paul.

Rich...