[AMPS] Kenwood TS450 & SB-200??

Rich Measures measures@vc.net
Thu, 13 Aug 98 20:10:53 -0800

>Greetings,
>
>Just picked up an SB-200.  The TS-450 has a 7-pin DIN plug to use for an
>amplifier, but no usable information (unless it's hooking up a TL-922--go
>figure!!) in the manual and the schematic is _very_ small--got to get my
>eyes tested...
>
>Pin 6 on the remote jack is the ALC line--can anyone shed some light on the
>correct wiring?

(Relay Control Line) Pin 2 is hot.  Pin 4 is gnd.  2 shorts to 4 on Tx.

>Can the TS-450 handle the keying currents

... probably.  The long term problem is that the SB-200's relays are
slower than a TS-450.  The long term fix is to install high speed
switching in the SB-200.  See Fig. 7B on my Web site -  or the Jan. 1994
issue of *QST*.
later, Tom.

Rich...