[AMPS] Kenwood TS450 & SB-200??

Rich Measures measures@vc.net
Wed, 19 Aug 98 06:50:53 -0800

>Greetings,
>
>Thanks for all the replies to my questions about the TS-450 and SB-200.
ur welcome
>I called the ARRL about their review of the TS-450.  According to the ARRL
>measurements the TS-450 does the receive-to-transmit switch in 18ms on SSB
>and 19.5ms on FM.  However on CW it takes only about 10ms to produce full
>output.
Full output is not as important as when it begins to produce some output.
 This is the key spec in matters of hotswitching.  The best test for
hotswitching is to watch the transceiver's swr meter. If the swr goes up
briefly when switching to Tx, a hotswitch is indicated.
>I could not find any data on the SB-200. I'm guessing in the
>15-20ms range,
probably 20 or so mS.
> although several stated the SB-200 had a "fast" relay.
 -- compared to a knife switch.
-  later, Tom

Rich...