[AMPS] Alpha PA-70V & Tubing Resources

Paul Christensen paulc@mediaone.net
Fri, 21 Aug 1998 12:01:43 -0400

As many of you know, I am close to the completion of a cosmetic and
electrical rebuild of an Alpha PA-70V vapor-cooled amplifier.  Through the
rebuild & retro process, I decided to replace the entire vapor-cooled
plumbing system with new components.

Thanks to Dick Ehrhorn, W0ID, I was warned not to rebuild the cooling system
with polyethylene components due its relatively low melting point and
inelastic physical characteristics at high temperatures (i.e., 100-degrees
C) over an extended period of time.

Through a web search engine, I discovered an indispensable tubing, hose and
clamp vendor who is capable of supplying every piece, including the
corrugated steam exhaust pipe in your choice of many materials including
polypropylene, Teflon (PFTE, FEB, & PFA), and Nylon.  Their entire detailed
product line can be found at:

http://www.newageind.com/plastics/products.htm

If you or a friend has an Alpha PA-70V, you may want to keep this
information as a reference.

73,

-Paul, W9AC