[AMPS] Dentron ML-2500

Kazuo Ohashi ohashi@ny.airnet.ne.jp
Sun, 30 Aug 1998 13:29:08 +0900

Greeting from Japan!!

>I have aquired an MLA-2500 for a fair/good price. It is in mint condition. I
>have few questions about it:

I have an MLA-2500B with a pair of 8875 which still have 800W PEP output
on 14MHz band.

>1) This amp has been converted to the 3cx800?7. Not sure which model. Can
>the HV supply handle another one?

3 month ago, my MLA-2500B happened to make layer short in the
power xmfr and I ordered a new one to Peter W.Dahl Co with the same
power capacity and physical dimentions as the original.

The power spec is as follows;

800V(600V tap) 0.9A CCS, for HV
12.6V 4.0A CCS, for Relay and Control
6.3V 8.0A CCS, for 2x 8875 heater
120V 0.1A CCS, for bias

I understand MLA-2500 (without sufix of "B") does not have 600V
tap at HV winding.

I think the 12.6V winding can be used for power tubes with 12.6V heater
and 6.3V winding will be used for Relay and Control by means of the double
voltage rectifying.

>2)The amp has something called a CM-U unit with it. It is a small box and I
>was wondering what this could be.
>Possibly an external QSK unit or radio interface? Was used with a 1000MP.

According to the user's manual and DenTron catalog, I couldn't find CM-U.
I am using an FT-980 as exciter which requires no additional interfaces.

>3) Lastly when did they stop making these linears?

I have no idea about it.  My catalog was printed in 1979.

A photo of my MLA-2500B is shown in my homepage.

'73 de JA2DHC/1  Kazuo Ohashi
        QTH: Fujisawa, Kanagawa, Japan
         Homepage: http://www.ny.airnet.ne.jp/ohashi/
          E-Mail: ohashi@ny.airnet.ne.jp