[AMPS] (no subject)

km1h@juno.com km1h@juno.com
Mon, 30 Nov 1998 21:52:14 -0500

On Mon, 30 Nov 1998 17:08:35 -0800 zeitler@ibm.net writes:

>    >

>    Dan, the point of all this is to say that Henry amps are built for
>a price and are not the most rugged, reliable amps built. At least not
>in my 30+ years of working on them.
>
>    Alan, W3BV
>

>    Hi Alan and the Group,
>    The most reliable, best amp ever built for amateur use was the
>Drake L-4B.

The RF deck..yes. the PS was worse than Heath or Dentron. I would guess
that amp (and the L-7) were designed by 2 committees that never talked to
each other.

Second to that is the Command HF-2500.

Down on my list Lane. Many Alphas and the Titan would be ahead.
At least we agree that Henry is not on any of our lists!

73  Carl  KM1H

>    Lane Zeitler
>    KM3G
>

>    >73, Dan Magro W7RF, (member SCDXC, SCCC)
>    >Rugged, Reliable Henry HF Amps are "Instant on" for RF Power now!
>    >DXers/Contesters/Ragchewers get your HENRY from RADIODAN for
>LESS!
>    >***Subscribe to the HENRY reflector at www.qth.net
><http://www.qth.net>
>    >***
>    >www.radiodan.com <http://www.radiodan.com>
>RFpower@radiodan.com
>    ><mailto:RFpower@radiodan.com> A trip to our web site is worth the
>click!
>    >
>    >
>    >
>    >

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]