[AMPS] Tank coil question & other stuff

George T. Daughters gdaught6@leland.Stanford.EDU
Fri, 4 Dec 1998 08:49:07 +0008

hi doug,

> I'm turning my thoughts to the RF
> deck. I picked up an inductor that looks like it might be OK in the
> tank, but I have no data on it. It was made by Illumitronic
> Engineering in Sunnyvale, CA, and says "air dux PI #195-1" on the
> plexiglass support. Does anyone have any data on this inductor? By
> itself I think it would cover 80-10, so I'll have to add more
> inductance to cover 160. I'll make some measurements this weekend.

as i recall, the 195-1 was rated by the mfg. at 500 watts.  they also
made a 195-2, with a pretty hefty tubing coil for the high bands
which was rated at 1kw.

i don't have my data sheet with me here at work,
it's at home.  i can check it and send you a follow-up msg if no one
else here on the reflector comes up with it.

73,
also in sunnyvale
George T. Daughters, K6GT