[AMPS] 87a/89 v. 2500e

Mark Levine, D.C. mlevine@compsol.net
Mon, 07 Dec 1998 17:03:29 -0500

--------------2261F6495D7E10AEDFB470CA

Hello all. I am contemplating the purchase of a new amp and am in the
process
of comparing features. I am not currently involved in any contesting, so

rapid band switching and tuning are not the priority, though output
power is.  I have looked at the Henry 8K, but I do not want to keep my
SB 221 to drive it. Command claims full output with 80 to 90 watts
drive. Is it reasonable to assume 3 3cx800 's in the 2500e will out
perform the 87a/89 with the same input power ?  I would appreciate any
input. My sincere thanks to all who respond and Happy Holidays to all.

  Dr. Mark Levine WB2EQE
    <mlevine@compsol.net>

--------------2261F6495D7E10AEDFB470CA

begin:vcard