[AMPS] TL-922 Again

Gus VO1MP gussam@newcomm.net
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 22:49:43 -0330

VO1MP  Gus Samuelson
St. Phillips Newfoundland

> >Well after what turned out to be a successful repair
> >I notice that my TL-922 has now developed an intermittent
> >IP reading of about 100 mils while idling in the 2000V position
> >and about 1.5 mils in the 3000 V position .
> >Out put is not affected and for the first time in along while
> >the amp with a pair of brand new Eimacs is delivering full power.
> >If I get an opportunity over the Christmas break I will take the
> >covers off again.
> >Any suggestions where I should look first problems ?
> >
> Is the 922 completely stock?
> -  thanks
>

> Rich...
>
> R. L. Measures, 805-386-3734, AG6K, www.vcnet.com/measures

Yep  Rich  .... only mod here is the 10 meter
that I did in November 1988 according to my Manual.

In any event  the manual says I SHOULD SEE
150ma IP  when in LP operate mode or sty mode and
200ma IP in HP mode.
I think now that the thing is operating properly for the first time
and I'm not accustomed to seeing it that way ??  !!
Still would  like to know why the IP meter occasionally
does not have any reading in idle  or standby mode as
suggested by the manual ?
Oh well if it ain't broke mebbe I shouldn't fix it.

73 Gus