[AMPS] painting 19 inch rack panels

NI4L ni4l@bellsouth.net
Wed, 23 Dec 1998 22:39:41 -0500

As with any raw metal, if you want a !st class job youll have to prime it first
use a flat enamel spray will do just fine. use a color to prime with that is
close to the color you will use as a finish coat. after the prime coat ligthly
sand with 600 grit sand paper. then wash with menerial sprits .Let dry 1/2 hour
or so then it is time for the finish coat.REMEMBER Light coats 8"-10" away from
your panel will produce a good job you might end up putting 4 0r 5 coats. If you
by chance get a run Dont wipe it off let it DRY then take the 600 grit paper and
lightly sand it out. If you take you time and use multiple coats you will have a
job youll be proud of.

Chris  NI4L