[AMPS] restoring/replating

Radiodan W7RF RFpower@radiodan.com
Sun, 27 Dec 1998 11:02:07 -0800

Hi Dick and the group,

It is my understanding that silver oxide (tarnish) is as good of a conductor
as the silver itself, which makes cleaning this tarnish of cosmetic value
only. Indeed my Gonset 6M amp using a 4CX250B has so much tarnish on the
silver components that it appears they used black parts! It still puts out
300 watts for 9 watts input. I can live with that from a 30+ year old
vintage amp.

I have printed and saved your e-mail as it is so complete in regards to
cleaning, resilvering and then preserving silver all in one paragraph.
Thanks!

73, Dan Magro W7RF, (member SCDXC, SCCC)
Manufacturers Rep & Distributor for HENRY Amplifiers.
www.radiodan.com <http://www.radiodan.com>     RFpower@radiodan.com
<mailto:RFpower@radiodan.com> A trip to our web site is worth the click!