[AMPS] Replacing SB-220 Ip meter

zeitler@ibm.net zeitler@ibm.net
Thu, 31 Dec 1998 00:25:22 -0800

Carl Says:
>Not even close. Electrical match is all.
>Heath used the same meter across several products, SB-200 and HM-102 are
>two that come to mind.

Carl and other readers of endless threads,
There were two versions of the HM-102. One (older) version uses the same,
identical meter movement as the SB-220 plate current meter. The newer
version of the HM-102 uses a different meter movement. Right now it is late
and I do not recall the data on the two movements but back a few years ago
when all I ran were modified SB-220s I stocked up on HM-102s for that
reason. Not a bad meter either if calibrated, good to 2 kilo-bucks.

I always liked the SB-220. Still one of the best buys in an HF amp, next to
the sugar baker 200.

Lane Zeitler
KM3G