[AMPS] Russian Triodes

Geurts, Gerard ggeurts@amp.com
Fri, 13 Feb 1998 08:04:44 -0000

These tubes are indeed available all over Europe. Another one is the
GS35-b, a 1.5 KW plate dissipation triode that has had some coverage on
the reflector as well. Very similar characteristics. It looks like this
tube is the same as an GS31-b with the exception of the anode cooler,
which can be removed if needed. Sells for about 60 USD and will easily
do 1.5 KW on 2 m or even 70 cm. As far as I know, these tubes are not
made by Svetlana. Not that that matters too much, because if they were
made by Svetlana we would be paying Eimac prices by now.

Regards

Gerard
PA3DQW, AA3ES