[AMPS] Non-inductive resistors

yo3ctk yo3ctk@alltrom.ro
Fri, 27 Feb 1998 17:57:57 +0200

Hello everybody,

First, I'm looking for a good source in USA for 50 ohms non-inductive power
resistors, the kind used in grounded-cathode tetrode PA. Max. power 50 or
100W. To be used with a pair of GU74B (4CX800A) tetrodes.

Second, I'd like to ask if somebody could let me know the component values
of the tank circuit of Alpha 91b or other PA using a pair of 4CX800A (is it
QRO or Command?). I realize that L values can be hard to get, but Tune and
Load variable capacitors, along with the respective padders should have
values on the schematic diagram. AG6K has a good spreadsheet to calculate
those on his Web site, but I would like to have an independent confirmation.

Any information will be appreciated. Thank you.

By the way, the AMPS reflector seems pretty quiet these days. Why?

73 de Mike, YO3CTK