[AMPS] Re: Amps Digest V1 #330

Roderick M. Fitz-Randolph w5hvv@aeneas.net
Sun, 4 Jan 1998 04:34:17 -0600

>Let me first introduce Vance Friend, KH6JAW.
>
>Vance has long been out here in the Pacific.  Was on Guam
>for many years.  He is now nearly 82;  he and his wife make
>music at various Hawaiian VFW events,  among others.  Vance
>plays the slack key guitar,  an old Hawaiian tuning method
>they preferred long ago to the traditional Western tuning
>scales.  Vance's wife plays the keyboard.
Jim, thanks for the wonderful story about Vance and the 4-400's!

It brings back many, many wonderful memories of the late '40's and
'50's when I was just getting into ham radio and the 25 hams in
Starkville, MS opened their doors and their hearts to a young
would-be ham.

May 1998 bring you health, wealth, and happiness!

Rod, N5HV
w5hvv@aeneas.net