[AMPS] Flash-arc/Rocky Point effect

Peter Chadwick Peter.Chadwick@gpsemi.com
Mon, 12 Jan 1998 11:18:21 -0000

I now have a copy of the paper - actually, it's a proof copy, so I can't
tell you the date of publication, but it was about 1932/33. There's about 22
pages, and it was published by the IEE, (NOT IEEE) probably in the Journal.

If anyone wants a copy, then send me a stamped addresse enveloped. It needs
a envelope big enough for International A4 size paper that's roughly 8-1/4
by 11-3/4 inches. For the US, put a 32 cent stamp on it, and I'll get it
mailed in the US. My address is:-

G3RZP,
Three Oaks,
Braydon,
Swindon,
Wilts.
SN5 0AD
England.

It's very interesting - especially where it advises using a series resistor
in the HV supply to limit the current when an arc occurs. Guess there ain't
nothing new!

73

Peter  G3RZP