[AMPS] Glitch resisor

Steve Thompson amps@txrx.demon.co.uk
Wed, 14 Jan 1998 07:22:58 +0000

In message <34B8DB76.6A58@nucleus.com>, Jordan Arndt
<jordana@nucleus.com> writes
>In my single 4cx250 432 amp I have a 500ma 250V 3ag type fuse in line
>with the 2200V HV supply and also a 100ma 250V Fast Blow type for the
>screen supply these have prevented destruction of the tube, the meters
>and possibly myself...

Be careful with screen fuses - if they leave the screen floating after
they blow, it can cause more flashovers....

If you can get access to a copy, there's a very good treatise on PSU
design and protection in 'The VHF/UHF DX Book', edited by Ian White
G3SEK, DIR Publishing (Buckingham England) ISBN 0 9520468 0 6

Steve G8GSQ