[AMPS] High Potential Tester (high-pot) Components

Ian White, G3SEK G3SEK@ifwtech.demon.co.uk
Sun, 18 Jan 1998 19:58:29 +0000

Rich Measures wrote:

>If you enjoy repairing or building amplifiers, a high-pot. is highly
>useful.    It can be used for:
> testing vacuum components such as tubes (seals, loose gold, fil./grid
>probs.), relays and capacitors;  measuring  rectifier PIV; checking
>insulation, corona test, and for guidance in resettling loose gold
>melt-balls in 8877s, 3CX800A7s and the like.
>-  An article on building a high-pot. is available at:
>www.vcnet.com/measures

Rich is right - it's a very useful tool. I was lucky enough to find a
DC-powered inverter that goes up to 9kV, and powered it from a variable
DC source. It works FB and can show a lot of new information.

                           http://www.ifwtech.demon.co.uk/g3sek