[AMPS] ELDERLY 80A UPDATE

ehayes@VNET.IBM.COM ehayes@VNET.IBM.COM
Wed, 8 Jul 98 08:40:34 CDT

First, thanks for all the input and suggestions on
finding a solution.
Didn't get too far last evening on troubleshooting.  Between
the honey do's and the baseball game I ran out of time.
I did get the tube checked and it does still have continuity
between the two filament pins.  There is no visible sign of
overheating on either the tube pins or on the easily visible
solder joints between the xformer and the tube side of
RFC 1.  I did not lift the tube socket to check those connections,
nor did I have time to build a shorting jumper for the
cover interlock switch to check voltages.  Will get that
done this evening (I hope).
I did notice that one of the solder joints on the tube side
of RFC1 seems to be duller than the others.  It may be a
cold joint.

Again, thanks for the advice and maybe I'll get the old girl
back on the air soon.

Wayne   AJ5M  ehayes@vnet.ibm.com