[AMPS] Re:

Jon Ogden jono@webspun.com
Thu, 18 Jun 98 09:32:17 -0500

>A resistor that has roughly 10nH of L and 1.5pF of C  (the ones we use)
>resonate at 1200 MHz.  Does it seem likely that this should be of concern
>in an HF amplifier?

Did I ever say that?  No.  Someone questioned the fact that I stated that
a resistor has a self resonant frequency.  I have never claimed that it
mattered in an HF amplifier.  Also, I even stated in once post that the
resonant frequency of the resistor is probably very high due to the small
values of the parasitic L and C.

So I still stand by my point: A resistor has a self resonant frequency.
That is all I was trying to say.

However, that 10 nH of inductance WILL have an effect on the anode
circuit in an HF amp.  So while the self resonant frequency is not an
issue for HF, the inductance still is.

73,

Jon
KE9NA