[AMPS] Deep Cycle RV Batteries

Roderick M. Fitz-Randolph w5hvv@aeneas.net
Sat, 27 Jun 1998 14:33:04 +0600

Lane, Deep Cycle batteries have a different construction than regular
automotive batteries.  The 12.7 volts you get across the batteries when
fully charged is normal.  Be sure and get a Deep Cycle battery charger
for them.  If you attempt to use a regular automotive battery charger
on them, you will boil the water right out of them in about 2 weeks.

I learned this lesson the hard way.  I kept wondering why the Heqq I
had to add a half gallon of distilled water to my Marine Deep Cycle
battery every 2 weeks...... until one day I read the warning on a Sears
battery charger that stated, in essence, what is in the first paragraph,
above.

Good luck,

Rod, N5HV
w5hvv@aeneas.net