[AMPS] AL1500 ?

Gary Myers gmyers@cetlink.net
Wed, 11 Mar 1998 21:45:19 -0500

I have seen two different postings (two different people) about poor
efficiency with the 1500 on 20 meters. One even had lots of data on tune
values. Can some of the owners comment for the rest of us? I am thinking
about this amp but had bad luck with poor eff on a AL1200 owned
previously. Now I see the same comments on the 1500 and this scares me.
Please let me know what the efficiency is on 20, 15, 10 and what your HV
is under load (one of the postings said he was only getting 2750 - 2800V
under load). Appreciate any and all comments. You can private post if
you want.

tnxs, Gary, K9RX