[AMPS] Solid State Amps

Rich Measures measures@vc.net
Sun, 15 Mar 98 08:05:42 -0800

>I would like info on people's experience building broadband, legal
>limit, HF amplifiers.

If you had one, you would still need a plethora of Chebyshev tuned
bandpass filters at the output to meet fcc spurious emission suppression
specs.  There is no such thing as a fcc-legal HF amplifier that does not
have a tuned output.

>I've never done a project of this caliber before,
>but am looking into it for maybe next winter.  I know there are designs
>out there, and that it has been done.  I'm looking for schematics, kits,
>thoughts, ideas, and an elmer!
>
>Thanks in advance.

-  A tuned output, a.k.a. tank, will handle a variety of unoptimal loads,
can be quite efficient if adequate conductors are used, and it suppresses
spurious radiation.   A tuned output is the best thing since sliced
bread.
later, Al.

cheers
Rich...