[AMPS] PT-1000-K1Mh

Rich Measures measures@vc.net
Tue, 24 Mar 98 08:07:04 -0800

>   For your information ( K1MH and Measures)
>(a) I sold B & W only the PT2500 amplifier not Viewstar nor the PT1000
>single tube amplifier. I kept the PT1000 to continue on with another
>company.
>(b) A problem with the Pi-l tank in the PT1000 or the PT2500 is just as
>bizarre as Measures idea that every amp built will not work and never
>survive unless  they have a Measures hairpin nichrome loop whichamacallit
>installed in it.

What blew the grid current meter shunt R and the meter armature?  .  .  The Tune C spacing in the PT1000 is much more than adequate for the peak RF V encountered.  What could have possibly caused the Tune C to arc at the same time the grid meter blew? .
 .  The "whichamacallit" (the parallel Ls/Rs suppressor) reduced VHF-Q and VHF-Rp by >40%. {N7WS measurements using a using a Hewlett-Packard Model 4191A RF Impedance Analyzer)

-  All HF amplifiers use amplifier tubes that are rated for full input well into the VHF region.  VHF voltage amplification is basicly Mu multiplied by VHF-Rp.  Is more VHF amplification desirable in an HF amplifier, Mr. Hrivnak?

>        I think you guys should seriously about about all the young guys
>who are coming up behind us and reading all the needless diatribe and
>incorrect information some of you throw around.

Perhaps there are a few young guys, and some not so young guys, who want to try to figure out what might be making the Tune C arc in this amplifier?  So far, I see a number of correlations here to other amplifiers which apparently had parasite problems.
---------------
 To see if Rich guessed right, a lower VHF-Rp suppressor can be installed.  If the Tune C arcing continues as before, Rich is gonna get laughed at.  .
---------------
>It isn't constructive and
>does not teach anything to the guys that really want to know something
>about amps. There has to be more in life than hairpin loops and holes in
>your grid !!  Get a life !
>        Paul Hrivnak (founder of Viewstar)

¿Not Invented Here Syndrome?  .  .

- cheers, Mr. Hrivnak.  Hope you can stick around for possibly some laughs.

cheers
Rich...

R. L. Measures, 805-386-3734, AG6K