[AMPS] PT-1000-K1Mh

Rich Measures measures@vc.net
Wed, 25 Mar 98 13:09:20 -0800

>Well I will say it again.."As my grandpa would have said: Amen brother
>and pass the gravy." The whole point of this thread is to help a
>fellow ham with an arc in C. Well...... So far other than changing
>something that may or may not be broke...Has anyone asked
>1. What band is it arcing on ??
>2. At what input power is it arcing ?

Should have no bearing if he tunes for max Pout.  The tune C has a large
safety factor.

>3. At what power out is it arcing ?

ditto

>4. Are the plates bent ?
>5. Could the tube possibly be cracked at the seals from the drop ?

This does not seem likely to cause Tune C arcing.

>6. Frisky-Nonfrisky tube...Good possibility
>7. Is there any sign of grid and/or plate current with key down and no
>drive applied ?

Very seldom seen with the type of parasitic oscillation that tends to
cause intermittent Tune C or bandswitch arcing.  I have seen only one.

>I think as a collective group the amp could be up and running without
>much of a problem, have already read one message that is too good to
>pass up. Instead of finger pointing and flaming, lets get this guys
>amp working...

Indeed, Ed, indeed.  If somebody gets nauseated by what I write, why does
he/she read it?  .  .  To have something to kvetch about?

cheers
Rich...

R. L. Measures, 805-386-3734, AG6K