[AMPS] RF Chokes

Peter Chadwick Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com
Fri, 27 Mar 1998 13:27:56 -0000

I didn't think we could find a subject with so much agreement between
everybody!

This suggests the inputs are technically correct................

I have this nasty idea that I'm going to have to build a GDO.

BUT  is it possible to test using a resistor plate to ground (of same load
resistance as the plate wants to see), no DC, a VTVM with a good RF probe at
the plate and feed in at say 5 watts from the antenna end and check that the
volts at the plate are correct when tuned up? Do it on all bands of course.

Not as easy as dipping the RFC with a gdo, but easier than building a GDO to
do the job.

Comments?

73

Peter G3RZP