[AMPS] 4-1000 IDLING CURRENT

K8MLM K8MLM@aol.com
Sat, 28 Mar 1998 20:16:13 EST

My Home brew 4-1000 amplifier works great except for on thing.  The power out
seems low.  I believe it may have something to do with the low idling current.
Plate voltage is 4,600 VDC and idling current is about 80 ma.  The max plate
current I can load it to is 450 - 500 ma.  At 4,200 VDC under load and 450 ma
plate current, gets 1,450 watts out with about 130 watts drive.  Have checked
the B- line for stray resistance; none.  Have tried it with the zener both in
and out; no difference.  Power supply is capable of more than enough current
and I have 200 watts available.  I have 3 tubes: all 3 operate the same in my
amplifier, full output in another amp.

Any suggestions!

Thanks, Bob